Wednesday, October 6, 2010
I have been working on the new book and revisiting some patterns I wrote a few years ago. This is one of them. I made 2 versions, one of them with beads. But I was feeling "lazy" and didn't want to load the beads so I made this one. I think I still have to tweak a little the long picots, making them in 2 sizes.
I wrote already 6 of the 15 patterns, so a few more and will go straight to my testers. Let see if I can get it ready just in time for Winter!
Yesterday in the online class we discussed a pattern for an edging by Mary Maynard. It's a really pretty pattern and easily adapted to make earrings. I made a pair of them in size #10 in white and red with gold beads. This is 2 homeworks in a row! I hope I can stick to this pace now. :-)
Sunday, October 3, 2010
This was suppose to be a 8 petals motif that Elisa du Sud designed. But because I was making it at the same time I was watching a horror movie I forgot and made 6. ;-) From all the things in tatting (and bobbin lace too) the clunies have been always my archenemy! I can't get the hang of them! Well, one may be but to make several of them... Makes my head spin! I even prefer to make split chains than make clunies.
Oh well, I'll keep practicing!