Thursday, November 5, 2009

Needle Tatting


It's been so long that I didn't use a needle for tatting that I was thinking I must have forgotten. Well, it's like the saying "Once your ride a bike never forget". I don't know how to ride a bike but I didn't forget how to needle tat. I lost my tatting needles but I found a package of doll needles (very long needles using to make dolls) and took one of them and cut the point and then dulled it. That's the main difference of a tatting needle compared to others. They are very long and don't have a sharp point.

So I took the needle and the only appropriate thread I can use with them is the crochet #10. That's fine with me. I just made this little doodle to practice. Pretty nice, eh? I have to continue practicing, specially the tension of the chains and the size of the picots. Going to make a couple of motifs so I don't loose the skills, but this doesn't mean that I will left my shuttles in a corner. No! I love my shuttles too much.

1 comment:

rainbows and raindrops said...

hi wally

please email me ur snail mail address so that i can start sending out my giveaway prizes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails