Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New tricks previews

For a couple of weeks I have been tatting and cutting like a mad woman. Since this cool technique came to my mind. It's not easy to find or create patterns to adapt to a technique. But I manage to get some and will be going to Palmetto's in a few minutes.

But here is a peek...

This 1st technique is developed from Roll Tatting. I call it Rolled Picots and for that you need 2 shuttles if worked on rings and 3 if worked on chains. I like how I can play with colors using this. Because the thread I use to add the color to the picots is finer than the main thread I can use more than one color and the design doesn't look bulky.



I was wondering if I can use the picots for joining and yes, you can join to them in a traditional way (sharing a picot) or like in the photo, joining two picots.

Probably will have to look for another name than Rolled Picots because I can make not just picots with it but rings too.


And here is the other technique: Schwarino Flying Rings.

This technique was develop by P. Schwarino. She's a Spanish-speaking tatter who lives in Germany. She makes the most beautiful and colorful tatting I have seen in awhile! All started from seen a pattern for Daisy Picots but no instructions, so she ponder and ponder until she got this. When she posted the photo we where wondering if it was Daisy Picots and she said no. She made 2 videos, one of Daisy Picots and one in her way of doing this. Showed to Georgia the second video and she was in awe as us in the group. A new technique was born! lol

All the techniques will go to Palmetto for consideration. Later the techniques will be on my web site for everyone to learn it.

If you think you know how I made the rolled picots e-mail me at needledreams@yahoo.com. ;-)

1 comment:

Agnieszka Winnicka said...

Oh wow, beautiful techniques! I have never seen anything like this. Do you think it would be somehow possible to make it on needle?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails