Since I saw this fan on the cover of Il Chiacchierino 14 I was in love and told myself "I gotta make it!" So I spent like a week tatting the fan. I used Lizbeth #20 in Ecru because the instructions say to use a #20. Also, studying the pattern I "discover" that it can be made in 2 passes if using split chains. I did it in 4 because I didn't use 2 shuttles. But if worked with 2 shuttles it will come out in 2 passes.
So, I finished it and loved it! Now to mount it on the fan blades. Here is where my woes start! The fan blades are too big for the tatted piece. :-( I think I can cut the excess of the blades but I can't stretch the tatting anymore to cover for left to right. Hmm... May be I could experiment taking out one blade or to "close" a little the blades. *sigh* I got so pump up because I was making my first tatted fan and now I came with this dissaster!
Oh well, I'll keep checking what can I do and when I find a reasonable solution I'll finish it. The blades are from a very cheap fan I got from Egypt. The blades are very thin and fragile but this is a fan that will go to display. It's not intended for use. Before mounting the tatting I'll paint the blades with an acrylic paint spray to give some shine and to cover the brown spots that they have.