Saturday, February 28, 2009

Double Split Rings


This is the coolest technique I have practice in a long time. It's an interwoven split ring inside a split ring. Teri Dusenbury posted the instructions on her blog. It's pretty easy if you're customed to finger tatting.

I think it has a lot of potential. I'm thinking now, how many links can be done... How many colors can be combined... How could it be combined with other techniques. I'm thinking in "daisy picot" split rings ... Please don't call the people in white! lol I'll behave as a good girl now.

Now back to my tatting corner to watch The Simpsons. :-)

3 comments:

H J Hess said...

Yikes, Wally! Just look at your chain! This pattern looks so involved. Teri's blog does explain, but still it looks complicated and labor-intensive.
Take care, Hegla

Gina said...

I taught a "chain link" that looked like this at Palmettos one year but it was not done the way Teri does it. It was done all at once, using 4 shuttles with 2 sets of split rings going at once. It's been such a long time that I'd have to look up how I did it again! I was not the first person to do it though.

Needledreams said...

I knew that I have seen instructions somewhere else for this but couldn't remember from where. After making it I kinda remember how to make it with 4 shuttles. But in this way you only need a regular split ring round and then make the 2nd with finger tatting and a shuttle. Now I want to see if I can link a 3rd round.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails